Sunday, July 11, 2010

Now for my long weekend

Most people had Monday off since Independence Day was Sunday, but I worked to earn a comp day to use for my honeymoon. However, I did take off Friday July 9th to go to Hershey Park to see Zac Brown Band (my fav) open for the Dave Matthews Band (fiancee's fav). The best of both world's!!

Thursday came and went pretty quickly - actually - I finished up my caramelized onions on a turkey wrap with some carrots and hummus. The onions were really good and added just enough bulk to keep me full. I also brought a serving of baked beans, but I didn't eat them because I was full from the wrap.

Thursday evening was a pretty exciting event in our lives....I have been with T-Mobile forever....the fiancee has been with Verizon forever....neither of us were currently in a contract, so we decided to make the switch to AT&T and get iPhones!!!!! We ordered them Thursday night, we should have them in our hands by next week. I seriously can't wait - so excited to blog from my phone one day!

After the iPhones, we went to dinner at our local sushi place. We ordered spicy tuna and a yellowtail and scallion roll that was to die for..



We went to see "Eclipse" after dinner (yes, I know that I saw it Wednesday night, but it's just THAT good). It was better the second time around. :)
I got up Friday morning and headed to the gym for a quick workout since we were driving to Hershey, it's probably a 2 hour drive...
The Hershey towers! The sweetest place on Earth!
All the street lights are Hershey Kisses!

I'm a BIG fan of the opening band - Zac Brown - they are actually from Atlanta (as am I...) and I went to elementary and high school with Clay Cook in the band - he plays all kinds of different instruments. And they rock! We have tickets to see them in August in Philadelphia. They are awesome! It was quite a treat to be so close to the stage!


We danced and sang and drank big beers and it was a great night! I fell into bed when we got back to the hotel and slept straight until 10AM Saturday morning! We showered and hoped in the car to drive home. We stopped at Funk's Restaurant for some lunch. I had a roast pork open face sandwich with brown gravy and french fries. Totally random, but good! By the time we got home and relaxed for a while the fiancee went to the grocery store and got all the fixin's for linguine and shrimp. Sorry no pictures, but you will see the leftovers this week, for sure!
Today I'm about to head to the gym and then head to the in-laws for crabs and soccer! Go Nederland!! We also have to start setting up for my wedding shower, my mother in law is hosting (so nice of her!), so we need to set up the tables for seating and food. It will be a great party. I didn't want it to be a surprise, I'm not that kind of a bride. I also don't want any presents wrapped! I'm not the kind of person to sit in front of 60 people and open just as many presents for hours...boring! So, I asked that if you bring a present, don't wrap it. I will be greeting guests as they come in and take their present and thank them and then display all of the gifts. That way everyone feels special, but nobody has to sit for hours and watch me open....Weird?? Oh well, I think it will be great!
I hope so, at least!
Enjoy your Sunday! It's been such a nice long weekend, I'm not ready to go back to work.....

No comments:

Post a Comment