Monday, July 5, 2010

Let's rewind....shall we?

Rewind to Wednesday of last week - that's the last time I actually had a chance to breath and relax! Started with a quick run on the elliptical on Wednesday morning, headed to work and had a delicious turkey sammy (of course, on my new love - Wonder Smart Bread) with red pepper strips and carrots sticks for lunch.


Along with some fruit - sweet pineapple and local blueberries - go Hammonton, the blueberry capital of the world....

Wednesday night was night one of two Dave Matthews concerts that the fiancee and I were attending. We go to both shows in Camden each year, we also go to Hershey Park to see them perform later in the summer. We're fans, as if you couldn't tell. So..... Wednesday evening came and went with a turkey club wrap from Heritages (a local deli/convenience store) and some cheesy poofs. I haven't disclosed my love of cheesy poofs here before, but they are a once in a while treat that I enjoy without guilt. I enjoyed an entire $.99 bag of them and loved every processed cheesy and chemically tasting poof. Yum.
After staying out late Wednesday night at the concert, there was NO way I was getting up to go to the gym, so Thursday morning came and went without a workout. But that's ok. I will make it up. No worries.

Lunch was the last of my leftover pasta and sauce I made earlier in the week with a small piece of my olive foccacia. I was in desperate need of carbs on Thursday...
Thursday evening we headed back to the Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden for night #2 of Dave Matthews. Wednesday night's concert was good, but Thursday's concert may have been the best show! (out of all the live music that I have ever seen....) WOW! Just awesome!
I decided to have a few drinks at the show on Thursday night, so I was not feeling 100% on Friday! I still had to get up early and make it to work, after very little sleep and a slight hangover.....blah. All I wanted was fried food that would satisfy me! So what happened?
The pictures say it all.....




That would be mozzarella sticks and a buffalo chicken cheesesteak. Oh my. Oh my. Oh my. My only saving grace is that I didn't devour the whole thing! I saved 3 (of 6) cheese sticks and I only ate half of the cheesesteak. I could have eaten everything. Thank goodness my brain kicked in and saved me from destruction. All in all, it wasn't that bad! Definitely a splurge, but I made up for it on Saturday.... More on that in my next post....

No comments:

Post a Comment