Monday, June 14, 2010

And a lazy Sunday

We slept in on Sunday and awoke to more Jimmy Dean sausage. Funny how we ended up eating Jimmie Dean products this weekend out of all the weekends throughout the year....

We also had some cucumbers and fava beans, sprinkled with salt.

Coffee, of course...

My turkey sausage sammy and hard bread and tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.

One of these days I will make hard bread. It's a basic whole wheat bread recipe that cooks for 48 hours in a 150 degree oven! It literally lasts forever after it's cooked.
The ribs were so good on Saturday that we decided to repeat the pool-side grilling on Sunday!



Pool-side beer for me while my fiancee slowly cooked our lunch. In the pool.

I needed a nap in the afternoon, the sun drains my energy! So, I read my book and dozed off for an hour or so and woke up to the smell of the grill for lunch! This time we used the real gas grill, not the charcoal one by the pool.
Burgers and corn. And the ribs, of course!


And some mashed up cauliflower.
My plate -

I met some girlfriends for dinner who were in town over in Sea Isle City. We went to Mike's Seafood, right on the water and the best seafood!
We started with some bread.

I wasn't super hungry, so I ordered the crab fingers.


And the crab chowder. It was kicking! (So said the description! It did have a nice spicy bite!)

Dinner with girlfriends is always a good thing. I headed home after dinner, I was anxious to sleep in my own bed, but it was a wonderful weekend and I'm so thankful that we are able to enjoy the shore!
However, on my way home, my throat started to hurt and I felt a little bit of congestion creeping about.....Uh oh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment