Wednesday, June 2, 2010

More free food!

Since I got such good sleep, when my alarm went off at 5:15am, I hopped out of bed, changed clothes and headed to the gym. My car clock says it all - that's am, not 5:30pm...

I got in 25 minutes on the elliptical and a banging arm workout. Thank you LA FITNESS.

I always feel so much better when I get up early and workout, my whole day goes better. Why did I wait so long to get into this routine?
On to breakfast -
Strawberry oatmeal!
It filled me up all morning long! I brought the other half of my birthday turkey burger for lunch and a salad, but I wasn't feeling the salad, so I had the sandwich and some unpictured cherries.

After a busy day at work, I headed to get my eyebrows waxed. We have our engagement photo session this weekend, so pampering is a must this week. Eyebrows done, mani and pedi on Friday.
Today was free Chick-fil-A sandwich day! Chick-fil-A is coming out with a new spicy chicken sandwich at the end of June and they are running a promotion through June 5th in which you can get a free spicy sandwich. Go to www.getspicychicken.com and make your reservation.
After my eyebrow wax, I head to Chick-fil-A and picked up my sandwich and a free Coke Zero! I love free things!
Since it's a fried sandwich I added a big salad to the side. This time I have goat cheese! Not just any ordinary goat cheese, this goat cheese has figs in it! We have 2 fig trees in our yard and I have an affinity for all things containing figs, goat cheese included.


All together now -

Verdict?
Delish! But definitely spicy, so be prepared. The sandwich alone is 9 Weight Watchers points, so this was definitely a special occasion. But how many times do you receive a free sandwich from Chick-fil-A? Well, actually on the receipt there is a code to take a survey within 2 days and receive another free sandwich! Free things are good!
The fiancee is currently at his parent's house for dinner (blue claw crabs and pasta = heaven) but I had a million things to get done tonight and I'm enjoying the house all to myself in order to get all that stuff done. I just seem to get more stuff done when he's not here! Bed will come early again this evening, so I can hop out of bed at 5:15am tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment