Thursday, May 20, 2010

AM workouts and homemade pizza

I totally forgot to tell y'all that I made it to the gym Tuesday evening, it was not fun, but I got in and had a nice workout. I had a car appointment early Tuesday morning, so my early AM workout got pushed to the PM...

Wednesday I had (almost) my last yogurt and some fuity, fruit, fruit. Nom nom nom.

This is the hummus chicken salad, on some salad. And a few mini peppers from TJ's. More healthy goodness.

Are my picture taking skills getting any better???? Doubtful....

Finally my fiancee made one of his fabulous creations last night! Wheat pizza with artichokes and prosciutto. Seriously good eats. Start with prepared whole wheat pizza dough (we used Trader Joe's) add some tomato sauce. He grilled a whole tomato then mashed it up in a saucepan with chopped garlic and torn basil leaves and some olive oil. Heaven.
Then layer slices of mozzarella cheese. Drooling yet?

Add any ingredients that you love! We added olives, prosciutto, artichokes, shitake mushrooms, basil and some arugula. Another drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Not the canned stuff. If you know what is good for you, you will date an Italian and his mother will provide you with bags and bags of freshly grated Parmesan cheese for your freezer. I'm just saying.

Bake at 425 degrees for 8-ish minutes or until brown and bubbly. The fiancee desperately wants a pizza stone (hint hint hint girlfriends, it's on our registry....) because he thinks the middle of the pizza gets soggy. I totally disagree with him and think he is the bee's knees. Thanks Geico.

Cut pizza into 4 pieces, yes 4 quarters and devour with more cheese. Yes! More cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment