Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thai, French, Chinese...

We had to head into Philly last night to finalize our wedding invitations - they are awesome!! Since the man was still feeling a little under the weather, I offered to take him to dinner. This place is called Kaotip, it's on Cottman Avenue in the Northeast and it's a seriously hidden gem. It's always quiet inside and serene. And the food is delish! Fiancee started with some green tea, poor fella, he is feeling better today. I think it's in part because...

Of this soup. They call it chicken lemongrass soup. And it's banging. Like bangin' good. Spicy, brothy, lemony....ahhhh this is what I want when I'm sick.

We both ordered the dinner special that comes with soup, an appetizer and an entree. We both opted for the soup and steamed dumplings. I love the sweet soy dunking sauce.


My entree was spicy rice noodles with veggies, shrimp and chicken. It was really good, not too spicy. The server kept asking me if I thought it was too spicy because I was downing water! But it was great. I also got full pretty quickly, so I have a lot of leftovers.

They consider themselves a Thai/French restaurant, but whatev they are - they is good!!!

After dinner we headed to my old house (my old roommate makes invitations on the side) to pick our final draft for our wedding invitations. They rock! So nice, colors look great, style looks awesome, they are perfect. By the time we got home it was 10:30pm and I was exhausted! I hit the bed fast, I mean fast. My alarm went off at 5:15am I nearly threw it across the room. I re-set the alarm for 6:30am. There is no need to force a workout when you are so tired from a busy week. IMO, at least. I know I will monitor what I eat a little closer and try to get in some strong workouts this weekend to balance everything out.
Down off of soapbox....
I wasn't hungry for breakfast this morning, so I listened to this crazy body of mine and snacked on an apple and some coffee. Lunch was pretty spectacular. Chicken salad on an everything bagel thin with some carrots sticks. Plus some vitamin love. Slowly, but surely working my way through my fridge.
I'm headed to NBC again this evening for fill in for a gal who is on vacation. These days are long and tiring, but the extra money helps a lot (especially with the wedding approaching) and it's good to keep my toes in the sand over there. You never know who might have opportunities open up at anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment