Monday, May 31, 2010

Radishes!!!

I never knew I could get so excited over a radish. However, when I was in my garden on Sunday I saw these little red babies peeking out of the ground and I got really excited! See pics below.

Here is my little 10x10 garden. I have parsley, mint, basil, oregano, tomatoes, cherry peppers, radishes, English peas, sugar snap peas, strawberries, chives and sweet peppers. Oh my. Oh and asparagus, but they remain under ground right now.....not happy about that....

Strawberries take a year to bear fruit, so this will be the first year that I (might) get some berries. I picked these two babies off of my bush on Sunday, despite the picture, these babies are tiny. Like as big as my pinky finger! But they tasted good.

After I picked my mini strawberries, I started to weed around my plants and I noticed a little bit of red popping out from under the leaves.....

Yay! Radishes!!!

One was a big pappa, one was a medium bear and one was a small baby. They tasted really good. It's such a proud moment to plant, pick and consume your very own harvest!

I ended up going to the gym before the garden and got in a good back workout and 30 minutes on the elliptical. Then it was time for the pool!
We had a lot of fresh and frozen fruit that we mixed with some rum for our own blendie drinks!
Mine has peaches, strawberries and mango. It was so hot, the cold slushy drink tasted so refreshing.



We had light hotdogs and salad with my radishes. (secretly so proud...)

We also grilled some shrimp and clams. It was the perfect meal for an outdoor pool session.

The party continued into the night, but because I had to work on Memorial Day, I went home around 8pm. I got a chance to do some laundry and get the house organized for the beginning of the week. I had some sushi (that was gross) for dinner. Really not good. The fish wasn't bad, but the rice was mushy and the crab was imitation. Seriously? Gross.

I successfully cleaned out our DVR, I watched 3 episodes of the Real Housewives, 2 episodes of Glee (Lady Gaga's episode rocked!) and a couple of Oprah's. Thank goodness it's all clear for more good shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment