Monday, May 10, 2010

Giada's turkey meatballs

I hit up the grocery store after work for some essentials and all the fixings to make Giada's turkey meatballs. Yummy! I used to make this recipe all the time, but it's been a while. I usually make normal sized meatballs and I've also made turkey burgers with this recipe. Both are equally good. My fiancee wanted to attempt making baked mozzarella sticks. They didn't look great, but they sure tasted great! He cut a ball of mozzarella into 1/4 inch slices, coated in an egg wash and rolled in panko bread crumbs mixed with a little parm cheese and oregano. Then he baked them for about 7-8 minutes until golden and bubbly. We determined that we should have put the pieces in the fridge for a few minutes, then into the oven...maybe they would hold their shape a little better?? Who knows, but they tasted great! He was disappointed, but he is his worst critic!



Topped with a little of my quick red sauce, delish!!!

The sauce could cook all day long I think! I added some red wine and red pepper flakes in the end.

For the meatballs, I used 99% lean ground turkey breast.


The mixture made about 20 normal sized meatballs.


Sauteed with a little olive oil. How do you get meatballs to stay round?? Mine always end up being kind of flat and oddly shaped????

Then I tossed the meatballs in the sauce for about 30 minutes while the pasta cooked.


Topped with some parm cheese and dinner was served! So good! I was going to make an arugula salad, but we were stuffed!

This recipe makes a lot, so you will be seeing the leftovers for a while. I'm sorry in advance.... I'm currently finishing up some laundry, enjoying some sleepytime tea and about to hit the hay. That alarm will go off very early....

No comments:

Post a Comment