Tuesday, May 25, 2010

St. Augustine & the wedding

This was our first trip to St. Augustine and I can't wait to go back. Such a beautiful little town, great architecture, great food, great weather. You can't go wrong!

Here is the view from our hotel! Not bad to wake up to every morning.... but we slept in on Saturday. The hotel offered a free continental breakfast, I had a biscuit, some scrambled eggs and a big bowl of fruit, sorry no pic.


My 2 besties hit the beach, the fiancee and I hit the town. We needed a few things for the wedding and we wanted to explore the town since we were only there for a few days. Check out the beautiful Spanish moss.


The sunshine and trees were so magical, just breathtaking. And look - The Fountain of Youth!! We didn't go in because it was too expensive, but I loved how it's tucked away beneath all of the Spanish moss and trees.


We walked and walked and walked. Which was good because despite the fact that I actually did pack a workout outfit, I was not making it to the gym in the hotel. It was too beautiful outside. So, I felt better after walking for a couple of miles. But then the hunger pains hit!


We walked a little more and then decided to get a snack. This is St. George's Street where all the shops and restaurants are. We walked from one end to the other and then back again!


So, we split a taco! It was just perfect, fresh and delish. It was enough to hold us over until our official lunch, which came a few hours later. Now that we were fueled, we kept walking. I ended up buying a dress and the fiancee bought 4 t-shirts. He's a little obsessed with t-shirts....


More trees, more walking.


Lunch was across the street from the hotel, Two Can Terry's. A cute little beachy place with local seafood.


I had the Mahi-Mahi tacos. I guess I was craving Mexican food????? They were tasty.

Then it was time to get ready for the wedding. I love getting dressed up, especially weddings! I love them! And this one didn't disappoint. The rest of the weekend coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment