Monday, May 10, 2010

Manic Monday...Whacky Weekend

What a weekend! It was fairly uneventful, but it was like a hurricane came through! We were both up early on Saturday for work. I ran out of the house (late, as usual...) and threw together a bagel thin with almond butter and some strawberry jam, sorry no pic. I didn't end up eating it until around noon, but I did have coffee in the early AM. When I came home I made a delish tuna salad... Here is my mix -

1 can tuna in water, drained
1 Tbsp light mayo
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 rib celery, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
s&p
2 huge handfuls of arugula



Best.tuna.salad.ever......
We ended up going out on Saturday night to a local bar where I ordered a grilled chicken salad with honey mustard dressing - so so so good! Of course I didn't take a picture because I'm still a little hesitant about taking photos in a restaurant....sometimes I feel totally comfortable & sometimes I feel silly. I will overcome this!! One day....
Sunday was mother's day, so we headed to the in-laws house. My fiancee wanted to make his version of a surf and turf - lamb and dungeness crabs. Total heaven. I did snap a photo of mom in laws hard bread and tomatoes and her homemade arancini. Hard bread is literally homemade whole wheat bread that goes into a low oven for 48 hours and gets hard. Sounds gross, but it is insanely delicious with these chopped tomatoes, a drizzle of olive oil and some dried oregano straight from the hills of Italy. You can drool, it's ok. Arancini is a fried rice ball filled with meat, peas and red sauce. Again, you may drool....

Monday morning came and went without a feeling for breakfast, so I stashed my yogurt in the work fridge for tomorrow. I ended up ordering lunch this afternoon because we had nothing in the cabinets. I ordered this Cajun shrimp Caesar salad. It was about as good as the picture looks.... too much dressing and not enough veggie love. The bread, however, was banging!

My alarm went off this morning at 5:15am. WHAT?? I didn't get up, I reset the alarm for 6:30am...
Here's the story - Saturday night I was talking to a friend of a friend that said she gets to the LA Fitness that I belong to, at 5:15am every morning to workout before work. She meets another friend there and they do cardio & weights every single morning! WHAT??? So, I told said friend of friend that she may see me on Monday morning. Well, I didn't get up (my excuse was that I didn't sleep too well...) so I have told myself to go Tuesday morning. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow....I'm not holding my breath....
Local Philly peeps - - Shoprite has Chobani yogurt 10 for $10! I stocked up!

No comments:

Post a Comment