Tuesday, April 27, 2010

EPIC Couscous salad

Sunday night I wanted to make something for my work week lunches that wasn't the typical green lettuce salad with dressing. That can get VERY boring (coming from someone who's currently undergoing a salad challenge...). So, I came up with this simple and delish couscous salad loaded with veggies! You can add anything you want and I bet it will still taste amazing.

I started with this Near East Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil whole wheat couscous, I followed the directions on the box, however, I used chicken stock instead of water... yummy.

In the meantime, I chopped all of my veggies. I didn't cook these veggies in any way. When the couscous was finished, I fluffed with a fork and dumped my veg in. Simple. Here is what I included -

1 small green pepper
1 celery stalk
6 mixed olives
6 grape tomatoes
15 baby carrots
1/2 cucumber



I ended up adding some mozzarella cheese after the mixture cooled down a bit. I also sprinkled some olive oil and some lime juice. Results??? Fan-freaking-tastic.

I figured about 4 points if I make it last as 4 portions. Can't beat that. Along side some soup or a sammy for lunch, this might be the perfect lunch combo. OOOh, imagine some grilled chicken on top??? And I think you could eat this hot or cold. I prefer it warm, the cheese gets a little melty and that, my friends, is good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment