Sunday, April 25, 2010

Paper makes everything better!

As in paper plates!

Saturday morning was a little rough thanks a few too many glasses of wine....ooops... Ya know the best way to get rid of a little hangover? Get outside and get moving! The fiancee and I planted 1000 plugs of grass in our yard. Lots and lots of squats! Sunday was a little more laid back, we still had some grass plugs to put in the yard, but we weren't in such a hurry. Breakfast on Sunday was really an early lunch. I wasn't hungry until around 11am, so I went with a Morningstar Farms Chix Patty on a bagel thin with a laughing cow wedge and some romaine. All served on a very classy paper plate. :) Very satisfying for some more squats!



We squatted and dug and planted and plugged for a good 2 hours. All done! It feels good to know our grass (or the weeds...) will soon be a green, lush carpet of grassiness. Definitely a word...
We ran to Kmart for solar lights and then to the grocery store for some weekly staples. I'm making a couscous salad that will appear in my lunch posts throughout the week. I'll post the recipe tomorrow.
Dinner was slow grilled and smoked pork loin with steamed broccoli (I added a laughing cow wedge) and some leftover sweet potato fries. Yummy. Oh yeah, and a huge dollop of bbq sauce. It wasn't as big as it looks in the picture!
I'm currently sipping on some tea and waiting for my laundry to finish. Tomorrow I have to stay at work late for an event, so I don't think I will get a workout in. I wrestled with the idea of going to the gym at 530am and showering and then heading to work. However, I feel a little anxious about showering and getting ready at the gym. I don't know why, but I find the gym to be very intimidating. It shouldn't, but I always want to get in and get out as quickly as I can. Maybe one day I will try out the shower, but tomorrow, I think I will sleep in. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment