Saturday, April 17, 2010

Salad monsters

Day 4 of the salad challenge is over and I'm proud to say that I made it through the Phillies game Friday night without fail! I had a big salad before I headed to the ballpark (see below) and resisted the temptation of all of my girlfriend's cheese fries! Yay me! The beer however, was delightful and flowing very well!

It's now Saturday night and I'm lounging on the couch catching up with my DVR and magazines. I subscribe to around 10 monthly (1 weekly) magazines! Sometimes it's hard to find the time to read them all. Anywho, I wanted something sweet after my salad tonight, so I opted for half of this mini bag of mini eggs. Total satisfaction.

My salad tonight consisted of red leaf lettuce, cucumbers, roasted red peppers, carrots, cheddar cheese, mushrooms, broccoli, grilled chicken, tomatoes, olive oil vinaigrette and some hummus. It rocked.

A little blurry.....

I didn't have any coffee this morning because I woke up around 8:30, got out of bed, fed the cat, etc etc.... went back to bed and didn't get up until noon! I guess I needed some zzzzz's. I ended up working in my garden for about 45 minutes and after showering off all the dirt all I was craving was coffee. So, I made a strong pot and enjoyed 2 lovely cups.

Lunch was 1 and 1/2 cups of pasta and fava beans. Another one of my MIL's creations, with some parm cheese, this is the ultimate (healthy) comfort Italian food. One of them, at least. Love me some favies, as my (very) Italian FIL calls them!

Before the Phillies game on Friday night, I made one of my very favorite salads! Buffalo chicken salad!!! Red leaf lettuce, carrots, cucumber, buffalo chicken strips (store bought) and homemade low fat blue cheese dressing. My fav by far! This baby kept me full all night long and it really wasn't that hard to say no to the cheese fries! :)

My friend Erin turned 31 on Thursday, so we all went to the baseball game to celebrate. She is very Irish and it was Irish Heritage Night! Her father, who besides my FIL, has the greatest accent! Anyway, he had a bagpiper come into the bar - after the game was over - and play while Erin did a little Irish dancing! It was a total surprise and wonderful! Happy birthday Erin!

No comments:

Post a Comment