Wednesday, April 14, 2010

To eat chocolate or not...

I cannot seem to keep my grimy little hands out of this bag! Ahhhh! I know they are dark chocolate, but eating half of the bag is not a smart or healthy choice. Oh bother....



I wasn't in the mood for breakfast, I think it's hormonal.... Sounds weird, but I have been feeling really bloated and large for the last couple of days, then I get really hungry, really quickly and then I fill up really quickly...??? WTH? I don't get it. Lunch was pretty delish, however. A small sweet potato and some veggie baked beans.

Dinner was another one of the fiancee's creations. There is this place in Sea Isle City, NJ called Welshie's. You go to Welshie's after the bar and you order a sidewinder. Nothing else. And it's delicious. Obviously I have a thing for all things covered in buffalo sauce, well this is no exception. The original sidewinder has nothing but bread, cheese, chicken and buffalo sauce. OMG it's so good. Our version has bread, chicken, mushrooms, green peppers, onions and a low fat blue cheese sauce I made. And buffalo sauce, of course.


First, the onions and peppers saute for a few minutes.


Then the mushrooms were added. I'm glad to get all those veggies in!


Then he sauteed the thinly sliced chicken breast until there was no more pink. Added some buffalo/blue cheese sauce and cooked until gooey and yummy!

Serve in french bread and enjoy! I had some extra sauteed veggies on the side. :) Gotta get them in anyway I can! I had 1/4 of a long piece of French bread for 6.5 points according to the Weight Watchers recipe builder. Not bad!

Here's how I made the blue cheese sauce -
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
6 oz. fat free plain Greek yogurt
1 TBSP low calorie mayo
1 TBSP lemon juice
1 TBSP white wine vinegar
1/8 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
Mix everything together and let it chill for a while. Delicious salad dressing or dip!

No comments:

Post a Comment