Sunday, March 14, 2010

Alice, the real Alice

I can't believe that it's Sunday already, so sad. Monday comes way too quickly.....

There are several recipes that float through the blogosphere that seem so intriguing. Kale chips, parsnip fries, butternut squash fries, etc etc. Another one is the Green Monster. I decided to give it a shot, it's like green juice. Mine contained 2 cups of spinach, 1 cup of vanilla soy milk and half of a banana.

I added some ice cubes and a splash of pineapple juice for a little bit of acidity. They came out really well! However, about 30 minutes after I finished mine, my stomach started to grumble. Evidently my stomach didn't like the monster as much as my taste buds did!

Then my love's stomach started grumbling. We both really liked the monsters, but I don't think I will be making them again. My stomach wasn't right until the afternoon. Oh well, I'm all better now and I have felt very energized all day. I did end up toasting a bagel thin with veggie cream cheese to help settle the tum tum.

We ended up heading to the mall to try and finish our registry. Then we headed to see Alice in Wonderland in 3-D IMAX! OMG, the best movie ever! Ever! I loved it, just loved it! I also consumed large quantities of popcorn :)
We came home and made bison burgers with parsnip and sweet potato fries. Yummo. I'm now enjoying a glass of wine and watching Yes Man. It's good, I've never seen it, cute.

I will probably end up with some ice cream and/or chocolate pretzel thins. Mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment