Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ray Ray's Sausage Stoup

I picked up all the ingredients to make Rachael Ray's Sausage Stoup. A stoup is thicker than a soup, but not as thick as a stew. This recipe was great! You can find the full recipe here. I used hot Italian turkey sausage crumbled and sauteed in some EVOO. Hey, I am making a Rachael Ray recipe....


I boiled the broccoli rabe for a few minutes (you're supposed to let it cool and chop it into bite size pieces, but I forgot...)


Sauteed the onion and garlic until softened...


Then I added the chicken stock, tomatoes beans and broccoli rabe and I let this simmer for about 30 minutes.


Then I added close to 2 cups of whole wheat rigatoni. The recipe only called for a cup and a half, but I went with a little more. Cause I like more...

The end result is thick and delish! I estimate it's about 6 points for a cup and a half. Very filling and so good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment