Monday, March 29, 2010

Chinese takeout made at home

Lunch was totally yummy for 6 points. A Morningstar Chix patty on a bagel thin with a Laughing Cow cheese and some red pepper strips, toasty warm and delish! With some carrots and pepper strips with red pepper hummus! I think I got my fill of red peppers!

Dinner tonight was another of the fiancee's wonderful creations. He made shrimp lo mein, home made style!

1 crown of broccoli
1 pound of shrimp
1 TBSP sesame oil
2 cups coleslaw mix
1 cup of sugar snap peas
Garlic
Lime juice
Lo mein noodles
Red pepper flakes
Trader Joe's Soyaki


I could drink this stuff! It's SO good!! It's just like teriyaki sauce, but not thick and sprinkled with sesame seeds. I could have eaten 6 bowls of this stuff, but I stopped after one - approximately 7 points for a cup if noodles loaded with veggies.

Twas delicious. We enjoyed some tea after dinner - I tried the new Sleepy Time Vanilla tonight and the fiancee had Tummy Mint. It was good, I'm still a fan of the original though.

No comments:

Post a Comment