Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The best meal ever? Possibly....

Because I spent close to $7.00 on Siggi's yogurt (and only got 2 containers!) I had to finish what I bought even though I'm not really a fan. This flavor was better than yesterday, but still no real fruit and really really tart. I added about a quarter of a Splenda packet to sweeten it up a bit. But they are still too big for me. I don't need 6 ounces of yogurt in the AM. I'm not even that big of a breakfast person, but today I was starving and still didn't finish it! Thankfully I'm back to my old ways with Oikos and Chobani tomorrow!

I also munched on an orange earlier in the day with some breakfast blend coffee. Delish! I was snacky this afternoon and totally did not want my lunch. I wanted something hot, like pasta or stew. Not my cold sandwich. So I compensated with candy!

Here is the sandwich that I didn't want, but I ate it anyway. It was good, just not what I was in the mood for, you know?? An Arnold Thin with red pepper hummus and sprouts, mini peppers, carrots and garlic hummus for dunking. The kiwi is still sitting on the counter, I will probably dive into that baby on my ride home before the gym.

Last night may have been one of the best meals of my life. Literally. We picked up a bag of garlic and herb pizza dough from Trader Joe's this weekend. So, the fiance' went to work. Layers of his pesto, mozz cheese....

Prosciutto!!! My favorite......

Mushrooms.......

A little parm cheese sprinkled and then baked for about 20 minutes. His pesto is packed with spinach (he used an entire container) and good things. And it ROCKS!
I was in charge of the salad. Dark greens, radishes, sugar snap peas, cheddar cheese, sprouts and carrots with Trader Joe's Goddess dressing.

Me trying to get better at picture taking and attempting to be creative. LOL!

I can't even explain to you how good this pizza was! The fiance' says that I have "a restaurant mmm" which basically means I say mmmm really loudly when we're eating out. He gets a little jealous when I don't have that reaction to his food! Last night I let out a huge MMMMMM when I took my first bite. OH MY GOD. It's the pesto that makes it, seriously he could sell it and we could make millions and retire early and travel the Caribbean for the rest of our lives..........


Food Heaven.

I could have eaten the entire pizza, but I stopped myself mainly because I wanted ice cream later :) And ice cream I had with a windmill cookie. Yummo.

No comments:

Post a Comment