Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Finally enchiladas!

Now my computer is working just fine.... ok on to the enchiladas from last night. The fiance' made them with flour tortillas and ground pork. Paired with a green salad with radishes and carrots with Amy's Green Goddess dressing. See the enchiladas recipe below. Holy yummo. They were awesome! I would've brought leftovers for lunch, but I needed to eat up my baked chicken cutlet and red pepper sauce. (also a fiance' creation)

I told you this would be making another appearance. The freshest fruit salad EVA - surrounded by paperwork on my desk this morning! I wonder what the cleaning people think of my desk.... they probably think I'm the most unorganized slob ever! But I'm really not - there is method to this madness.

Lunch was that leftover baked chicken cutlet, red pepper sauce, raw radishes and carrots with some onion hummus. My breath is kicking!

Enchiladas
1 lb ground pork
2 cans enchilada sauce
chopped onions (maybe 1/2 cup)
chopped garlic (maybe 3 cloves)
cilantro (handful torn off a plant)
lime juice (couple squeezes)
cumin (couple shakes)
Mexican hot chili powder (a few less shakes)
1/2 diced jalapeno
flour tortillas
Mexican or taco cheese
Mix the pork, onions, garlic, jalapeno in a pan and saute until the pork is cooked through. Add cilantro, lime juice, cumin and chili powder, stir it up. Spoon a couple of Tablespoons into a flour tortilla and sprinkle some cheese. Roll it up and place in baking dish. Repeat. Sprinkle more cheese on top, pour sauce all over tortillas and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment