Monday, March 1, 2010

Sunday night dinner

So Sunday was kind of a bust, but life happens sometimes. What can you do?? My future father in law came over and took some measurements of the unfinished second floor of our house. We are finishing it in the next few months! Thank goodness the fiance's family are handy peeps cause I ain't. Anyway, I didn't make it to the gym or to the mall for new workout clothes. I did have some wine and good conversation while watching the USA get beat by Canada in the gold medal round of Olympics hockey. What a good game though!

Enough on that - the fiance' then made Cornish hens for dinner. He roasted the little buggers for about an hour at 375 degrees. I made sweet potato, parsnip and carrot fries in the oven. Also 375 degrees for about 25 minutes tossed with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Dusted with parm cheese just as they came out of the oven. Yummy!


We finished off the leftover kale chips too. Twas a delicious meal! Tonight - enchiladas!!! I swear he's a master!! He never uses a recipe. No wonder I need to lose some weight before our wedding! I place all the blame on him.... :)
I started Monday morning off with a banging fruit salad. Oranges, kiwis and strawberries. This will probably reoccur tomorrow morning too.
However, by lunch I was SO HANGRY that I almost devoured my lunch without taking a picture. Arnold thin with leftover baked chicken cutlet with cheese, mustard and lettuce. Some carrot sticks and cucumber rounds on the side. Lots of water.
I couldn't get an appointment today at the dress shop down the street from work, so tomorrow will be the day!! I'm headed straight to the gym before I can talk myself out of it! Tata.

No comments:

Post a Comment