Saturday, March 6, 2010

Trader Joe's

We had planned to make steak on Friday night, but we decided we needed a night out, so we ended up going to a local bar and I had the most tasteless grilled chicken sandwich ever. It basically turned into a ketchup sandwich. But the drinks were good! I did make it to the gym after work for a good 30 minutes of cardio before we went out.

We slept in this morning and I awoke to coffee and strawberry Greek yogurt. The I trotted off to the gym for 30 more minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of shoulder exercises. It was a really good workout and I ended up sweating out many of the drinks from last night. :)

I was starving after the gym, so the fiance' and I finished off the enchiladas and I had a couple of wings. They are my downfall after all.....

After lunch we decided to go to Trader Joe's and Wegman's. Two of the greatest grocery stores eva! Below is the loot from Trader Joe's. Chili, pop chips, chicken sausage, pizza dough and other fun stuff.

Since we went out last night, we made the steak tonight. I was in charge of the broccoli rabe, the fiance' was on steak and shrimp duty. I boiled the rabe for a few minutes...

Drained and then sauteed in a little olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper. I cooked them on low for a few minutes and then turned down the heat as low as it will go and covered the dish. Right before service I splashed in a little balsamic vinegar. I liked the rabe with the balsamic, but I think I prefer it without.

Little shrimpies with salt and pepper, ready for the grill!

I've never had flat iron steak before, but it was really good! It was tender and delicious, but the fiance' always makes a perfect steak.

Now I have said many times that my fiance' should be a chef. His pesto is a perfect example of why he should quit his job and open a restaurant. He makes it with spinach, garlic, olive oil, parm cheese, lime juice, parsley, cilantro, salt, pepper, jalapeno and sometimes pine nuts. Not your classic pesto, but it tastes un-flipping-believable. He drizzled it on the shrimp and the steak. Wonderful meal, just fantastic.

I already nibbled on a Trader Joe's windmill cookie and there might be some ice cream in my future. Tata!

No comments:

Post a Comment